Some of the lovely comments from Villa guests. Please also see more reviews on Trip Advisor
(1) After browsing the Internet for hours I finally found Villa davella everything about it sounded just perfect, even the villas full-time resident cat Marmite . Booking the villa was easy and Dave was very helpful he gave us lots of info before the holiday,car hire, flights , places of interest places to eat etc.
On arrival at the villa we found it to be very clean and spacious and the bedrooms were light and airy and a well equipped kitchen with everything you need and the wifi was a bonus . The villa has wonderful sea views with the mountains to the back. The pool was a good size too, we were in there every day especially when th temperature reached 100 degrees.
Being at the villa for a month Dave organised car hire for a good price we toured the island from top to bottom it's such a beautiful place.
Marmite the cat was a pleasure to look after she was no trouble she is the most charming cat .
Our holiday at Villa Davella was Our best holiday on lanzarote we have tried apartments and all inclusive holidays but Villa Davella beats them all it's so lovely and peaceful with it's own beautiful gardens this was our 4th visit to the island and will definatly return now that we've found our little bit of paradise.
(2) On our arrival, Villa Davella was spotlessly clean and Marmite the villa cat was waiting to greet us. The standard of furnishing, decoration and facilities was excellent. With sea views to the front and mountain views to the rear of the villa, the scenery was great. The gardens are interesting; very different to what you find in Britain. The swimming pool is well maintained and is set in a large patio area.
Dave & Stella, the owners, were very helpful sending us lots of information about the villa, local restaurants, shops and facilities.
The location is very peaceful and Marmite is adorable, making the villa our home for the duration of our stay.
We would highly recommend Villa Davella to anyone looking for a holiday villa on Lanzarote. It's close to Puerto del Carmen, a prime holiday spot with excellent beaches, restaurants and facilities.
(3) It is very convenient for the Airport AND all the sights of the island -no where is more than a 45 minute drive away. Dave arranged car hire, provided heating for the pool, a detailed list of excellent restaurants as well as instructions on how everything worked in the villa.It is beautifully equipped ,clean and more than met our every need. A new Eurospar-2 minutes away,offers every food and liquids at prices which are lower than the UK but of excellent quality. We found a week was long enough to do everything on this strange black island. Finally, a unique feature is Marmite ,the resident 1/2 siamese cat, who adopts all visitors ,keeps up a flow of conversation ,but does not resent visitors going out!
(4) Villa Davella is clean, light and spacious and has everything you need for a "Home from Home" holiday. Plus there is the resident and very friendly cat "Marmite" on hand to make you feel at home.
The villa is situated in a quiet area only 5 minutes drive from the main resort of Puerto Del Carmen. There is an excellent Restaurant at the local Garden Centre and very good supermarket both within walking distance.
Having stayed there on numerous occassions we find everyone associated with the villa (Owners, gardener, cleaner etc.) very helpful and friendly.
(5) Spent a great relaxing winter break. Good location, away from main tourist haunts but close enough to everything to be handy by car.
The villa ticked all the boxes and communication with owners was first class.
(6) We have stayed MANY times at villa Davella, and belive me we will stay many times more, we love it, its out of the way so very private but a short drive to lots of superb restaurants . The information book in the villa is a great guide to these and much much more, The garden and pool are very impressive, we have stayed just the two of us and we have taken our children and grand children who also love it, you can do as much or as little as you want, I would recomend villa davella to anyone who wants a great holiday!!
(7) 'Once again a good time was had by all. If I ever win the lotto I am going to make you an offer you cannot refuse. ( How many times have you heard that!). Mum and Dad had a good rest and said what a wonderful place that you have . Thanks Dave, Please E. Mail dates available for 2008. ' Steve and Jackie '. ( Regular guests since 2004. )
(8) Thank you so much for the use of your villa, we had a really great time, a real home from home.
It was everything we needed for a really relaxing break. We definitely want to go again for 2 weeks later in the year hopefully in September. Marmite the cat was an absolute sweety, we all fell in love with her and were sad to leave her at the end of the week. ' Dave and Jill ' ( 1st visit February 2009 )
(9) We had a great time at the villa and Marmite the cat was amazing. We would definitely like to come again.
Please tell ' Marmy' we love and miss her. Amelia and Peter ( 1st visit Sept 09 ).
We had a fantastic time, we both got on really well with Marmite. It is clear that you think of everything for Davella & that is why people like us can have such a fantastic and happy time at the villa. Thank you very much once again. ( Antony & Claire - 1st visit January 2010)
(10) Really enjoyed our stay at Davella, Had a lovely time, Marmite was lovely & was upset when we said goodbye!
Tried to put her in the suitcase but she said Meoow & was not keen!
Please let us know when you have another vacant week. It would be lovely to visit Marmite again!
Ian and Julie ( 1st Visit January 2010 )